[Bioc-devel] R CMD build not copying PDF vignettes to inst\doc

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Feb 13 07:52:36 CET 2013

Hi Norman,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Norman Pavelka
<normanpavelka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I actually just installed the latest version of R-Devel (r61902) and
> used biocLite("plgem") to download and install the latest version of
> my package from the server. Although there are no errors or warnings
> on the Bioc build/check report, my package still lacks the PDF version
> of the vignette. I checked the source tarball in
> http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc/src/contrib/plgem_1.31.1.tar.gz
> and in fact cannot see any PDFs in inst/doc. You can also notice the
> vignette is not listed anymore in
> http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc/html/plgem.html
>
> I then rebuilt the package from source myself from a freshly
> checked-out version from the Bioc-devel repository (plgem version
> 1.31.1) using R-Devel r61902. I get no errors, no warnings and most
> importantly the PDF is being built and included in the tarball
> correctly.
>
> So it appears that R-Devel r61868 (the version currenlty on the build
> machine) is still not copying the vignette PDF into the package. Could
> you please try to update R-Devel to r61902 and see if it solves the
> problem?

Thanks for following up on this.

The problem is not with R--that problem was cleared up. However, we
needed to flush our internal BioC repos in order to force the packages
with vignettes to propagate. I've now done so, so tomorrow's build
(available late morning Seattle time) will contain vignettes with
packages.

Thanks again,
Dan