[Bioc-devel] R CMD build not copying PDF vignettes to inst\doc

Norman Pavelka normanpavelka at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 07:35:20 CET 2013

Hi Dan,

I actually just installed the latest version of R-Devel (r61902) and
used biocLite("plgem") to download and install the latest version of
my package from the server. Although there are no errors or warnings
on the Bioc build/check report, my package still lacks the PDF version
of the vignette. I checked the source tarball in
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc/src/contrib/plgem_1.31.1.tar.gz
and in fact cannot see any PDFs in inst/doc. You can also notice the
vignette is not listed anymore in
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc/html/plgem.html

I then rebuilt the package from source myself from a freshly
checked-out version from the Bioc-devel repository (plgem version
1.31.1) using R-Devel r61902. I get no errors, no warnings and most
importantly the PDF is being built and included in the tarball
correctly.

So it appears that R-Devel r61868 (the version currenlty on the build
machine) is still not copying the vignette PDF into the package. Could
you please try to update R-Devel to r61902 and see if it solves the
problem?

Thanks!
Norman

P.S.: For full disclosure, I should probably mention that I recently
moved the .Rnw file from inst/doc to /vignettes following the latest R
recommendations, but I am unsure if this has anything to do with the
problem, as the package builds just fine on my machine using the
latest version of R-Devel.