[Bioc-devel] Request to add 'normalize' to BiocGenerics

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 23 00:39:17 CEST 2013

Hi Laurent,

On 04/22/2013 12:55 PM, Laurent Gatto wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Recently, there was a discussion about generics conventions and the
> possibility of defining normalize in BiocGenerics. I believe that the
> consensus was to implement the latter in Bioc 2.13:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> On 21 February 2013 20:16, Hervé Pagès <hpages at fhcrc.org> wrote:
>> If we agree on this, I'll add it to our post-BioC-2.12-release TODO
>> list. Unless I hear a big "NO" from Wolfgang who I believe is the
>> author/maintainer of one of the packages that define a normalize()
>> function.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Any further objections? If not, Hervé, would you mind letting us know
> if/when you will have implemented this, so that the respective
> maintainers can apply the changes in their packages.

Thanks for the reminder. Yes now is a good time to make that move.
Will do it today and let you know when it's done.

Cheers,
H.

PS: It's also a good time for BioC developers in general to make the
deprecated -> defunct -> removal shift, and to identify new candidates
for deprecation. I'm about to send a separate email about this.

--
Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences