[Bioc-devel] Request to add 'normalize' to BiocGenerics

Laurent Gatto lg390 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Apr 22 21:55:49 CEST 2013

Dear all,

Recently, there was a discussion about generics conventions and the
possibility of defining normalize in BiocGenerics. I believe that the
consensus was to implement the latter in Bioc 2.13:

[ ... ]

On 21 February 2013 20:16, Hervé Pagès <hpages at fhcrc.org> wrote:
> If we agree on this, I'll add it to our post-BioC-2.12-release TODO
> list. Unless I hear a big "NO" from Wolfgang who I believe is the
> author/maintainer of one of the packages that define a normalize()
> function.

[ ... ]

Any further objections? If not, Hervé, would you mind letting us know
if/when you will have implemented this, so that the respective
maintainers can apply the changes in their packages.

Best wishes,

Laurent