[Bioc-devel] BioC 2.11 branch created

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Oct 3 03:48:28 CEST 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Kasper Daniel Hansen
<kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> So what exactly are the recommendations for useDevel and R version.

We were going to discuss this in our release announcement (still
forthcoming, as is the release), but since you ask:

> Right now I have a separate installation of R-2.15 using
> useDevel(TRUE).  What will happen after Bioc 2.11 has been pushed to a
> proper release?  How, if I am running R-2.15, do I choose between Bioc
> 2.10 and 2.11?

You'll be able to use this command (not enabled yet):
source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("BiocUpgrade")

> And if I run R-devel (2.16), will I automatically get the devel branch
> no matter whether or not I use useDevel(TRUE)?

Yes.

Dan