[Bioc-devel] Installation problem IsoGeneGUI for 64-bit pc

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Fri Jan 21 04:04:17 CET 2011

On 01/20/2011 06:26 PM, Setia PRAMANA wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> One of the reviewers of IsoGeneGUI got the error messages below. I have checked in the build/check site,
> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.7/bioc-LATEST/#I  there is no problem mention there.
> My self since I don’t have 64-bit pc right now, I couln't try it.
> Please let me know what may be the problem. Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Setia
>

> Installation attempt on a 64-bit PC, Windows 7 Pro, R 2.12.1
>
> •	Got the following error messages:
>
> 1. Attempt to unzip  IsoGeneGUI_1.2.1.zip
>
>    Bad zip header found.
>     ??? File fails CRC check:
>   	       "E:\....\IsoGeneGUI_1.2.1\IsoGeneGUI\R\IsoGeneGUI.rdb"
>

> 2. Attempt to install package from R (Menu – Packages – Install from zip files)
>
>    > utils:::menuInstallLocal()
>    Error in gzfile(file, "r") : cannot open connection
>    Warning messages:
>    1: In unzip(zipname, exdir = dest) :
>       error 1 while unzipping
>    2: In gzfile(file, "r") :
>       cannot open compressed file 'IsoGeneGUI/DESCRIPTION',
>       probable reason 'No such file or directory'

The reviewer needs to follow the standard installation instructions at

  http://bioconductor.org/install/index.html

and evaluate the commands

  source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
  biocLite("IsoGeneGUI")

otherwise they will not get the dependencies. This also requires that
they have an appropriate version of R installed, e.g., R-2.12.1. The
error 1. (use unzip on the file) is not expected to work; 2. might be
expected to work but only if the reviewer has not made any mistakes. The
error 'cannot open connection' suggests that the reviewer has made a
mistake.

Martin