[Bioc-devel] Installation problem IsoGeneGUI for 64-bit pc

Setia PRAMANA setia.pramana at uhasselt.be
Fri Jan 21 03:26:56 CET 2011

Hi All,

One of the reviewers of IsoGeneGUI got the error messages below. I have checked in the build/check site,
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.7/bioc-LATEST/#I  there is no problem mention there.
My self since I don’t have 64-bit pc right now, I couln't try it.
Please let me know what may be the problem. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Setia

Installation attempt on a 64-bit PC, Windows 7 Pro, R 2.12.1

•	Got the following error messages:

1. Attempt to unzip  IsoGeneGUI_1.2.1.zip

   Bad zip header found.
    ??? File fails CRC check:
  	       "E:\....\IsoGeneGUI_1.2.1\IsoGeneGUI\R\IsoGeneGUI.rdb"

2. Attempt to install package from R (Menu – Packages – Install from zip files)

   > utils:::menuInstallLocal()
   Error in gzfile(file, "r") : cannot open connection
   Warning messages:
   1: In unzip(zipname, exdir = dest) :
      error 1 while unzipping
   2: In gzfile(file, "r") :
      cannot open compressed file 'IsoGeneGUI/DESCRIPTION',
      probable reason 'No such file or directory'