[Bioc-devel] Version not updated on bioconductor site

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:31:09 CEST 2011

2011/8/9 Tim Yates <tyates at picr.man.ac.uk>:
> Ahhh, I hadn't seen the error for 1.7.8. That's me writing a stupid unit
> test that works locally as I have MySQL on localhost.  I'll fix that now.
>
> Not sure what the warnings:
>
>> S3 methods shown with full name in documentation object 'xmapcore.all':
>>   Oall.arrays¹ Oall.chromosomes¹ Oall.domains¹ Oall.est_exons¹
>>   Oall.est_genes¹ Oall.est_transcripts¹ Oall.exons¹ Oall.genes¹
>>   Oall.prediction_transcripts¹ Oall.probes¹ Oall.probesets¹
>>   Oall.proteins¹ Oall.symbols¹ Oall.synonyms¹ Oall.transcripts¹
>>
>> The \usage entries for S3 methods should use the \method markup and not
>> their full name.
>
> Are though...  I guess something has changed in the dev version of R as I'm
> not seeing thm here...

I would recommend reading the (perhaps too short) section in R-exts on
how to document S3 methods (or is this a wrong warning where you have
a '.' in the name without it being an S3 method).  In general they
want something like this
  \S3method{print}{chisqGoodnessOfFit}(x, \ldots)
in the usage section (this is for print.chisqGoodnessOfFit)

Kasper