[Bioc-devel] Error on pitt (Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.11) / i386)

zacher at lmb.uni-muenchen.de zacher at lmb.uni-muenchen.de
Sat Sep 5 14:14:54 CEST 2009

Hello BioC-develers,

I just contributed my first package (Starr) to bioconductor.
I get an error on pitt (Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.11) / i386) at the
multiple platform build/check report (shown below).
On the other computers, no error occurs. As I don't use MAC
and the error only occurs on this machine, I have no idea how to
fix the problem. Is it a problem with the package, or with the machine?
Best regards

Benedikt

* checking for file 'Starr/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'Starr':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* installing the package to re-build vignettes
* installing *source* package 'Starr' ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading

Welcome to Bioconductor

  Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
  'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
  'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.

Attaching package: 'Matrix'

	The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

	 rcond

** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices ...
* DONE (Starr)
* creating vignettes ... ERROR

Welcome to Bioconductor

  Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
  'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
  'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.

Attaching package: 'Matrix'

	The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

	 rcond

Attaching package: 'Starr'

	The following object(s) are masked from package:affy :

	 plotDensity

	The following object(s) are masked from package:limma :

	 plotMA

Error: processing vignette 'Starr.Rnw' failed with diagnostics:
 chunk 43 (label=plotProfiles)
Error in grid.Call.graphics("L_setviewport", pvp, TRUE) :
  Non-finite location and/or size for viewport
In addition: There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the first 50)
Execution halted