[Bioc-devel] Error on pitt (Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.11) / i386)

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 8 19:08:30 CEST 2009

Benedikt,
It looks like you have worked around the problem because Starr's build today on pitt was OK:

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.5/bioc-LATEST/Starr/pitt-buildsrc.html

The main change you made was to switch from creating a png to a pdf graphics file for one of your plots. pitt (Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.11) / i386) has had some issues with png (bitmapped) graphics. After some experimentation on pitt, we have found that the cairo (instead of the standard default quartz) bitmap device is the most robust and we use cairo for all the bitmap graphics on pitt by setting

options(bitmapType = "cairo")

I'll set aside some time in the comming days to see if I can uncover why bitmapped graphics cause occasional problems on pitt.

Patrick