[Bioc-devel] Updating biocViews of your package

Keith Satterley keith at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Mar 19 04:27:44 CET 2009

Hi Nishant,

Whilst checking my affylmGUI and limmaGUI packages, I noticed that there is an
inconsistency in the BiocViews page at:

and the list of BiocView categories at:

You have used the BiocViews entry from the limma package DESCRIPTION file as an
example. In particular:

biocViews: Microarray, OneChannel, TwoChannel, DataImport, QualityControl,
Preprocessing, Statistics, DifferentialExpression, MultipleComparisons, TimeCourse

It includes the term "Statistics". However from my viewing of the list of terms
on the index page mentioned above, there is not a Statistics term.

Should there still be a Statistics term in BiocViews (as there used to be)?

Gordon doesn't have a problem in changing his limma DESCRIPTION file if that's
what you would like,

Keith Satterley
Bioinformatics Division
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
Parkville, Melbourne,
Victoria, Australia