[Bioc-devel] get rid of require/depends warning

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Dec 10 18:11:13 CET 2009

On 12/10/09 7:37 AM, Paolo Sonego wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a package and I'd like to get rid of the following warning:
>
> * checking for unstated dependencies in R code ... WARNING
> 'library' or 'require' calls not declared from:
> paste(eset at annotation, ".db", sep = "") raw.data at annotation
> See the information on DESCRIPTION files in the chapter 'Creating R
> packages' of the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.
>
>  From this thread
> (https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2008-July/001662.html) I know
> I should add the required annotation libraries in 'Suggests' but,
> as you can see from the above warning, some functions load the
> appropriate annotation package (if they're installed) according to the
> string saved in the annotation slot.
>
> Any help would appreciated!

It would help if you could provide a bit more of the code you are using.
  You might take a look at the annotate package that uses require() to
load annotation packages and does not have warnings on check (and does
not list every annotation package in Suggests).

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon
Program in Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center