[Bioc-devel] library checking: question on require/depends

mattia pelizzola mattia.pelizzola at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 19:51:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm working on a new package. The 'build' is ok, but when running
'check' I get a warning that I'm not sure on how to eliminate it.
The warning is :

* checking for unstated dependencies in R code ... WARNING
'library' or 'require' calls not declared from:
  BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg17 BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg18

The reason of course is that I'm using the require function and I'm
not adding these libraries in 'Depends' or 'Suggests'. The point is
that I would not like to oblige users to install both hg17 and hg18
libraries, since they are huge (800Mb). This is going to be even more
important if I would support many other annotation libraries. The idea
was then to use require to load only the one requested from the user
(either hg17 or hg18).

I'm going to submit this library to Bioconductor. Can I ignore this
warning, should I add all the annotation libraries in 'Depends', or is
there another way to fix this warning?

Many thanks,

mattia