[Bioc-devel] problem when building oligo on wilson2

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Fri Aug 7 19:11:46 CEST 2009

Hi Benilton,
   It could be any one of a number of things, not necessarily the build
of R (although that could be a factor).  Someone here will likely need
to try to run this and see if it is reproducible from the command line
and if so, to try and find the problem.  Alternatively you could check
out that version of R and see if the problem is reproducible on a
computer near you.

   best wishes
     Robert

Benilton Carvalho wrote:
> (resending the message as my initial attempts were refused)
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for some insight on the source of the problem reported by
> 'wilson2' when building oligo:
>
> http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.5/bioc-LATEST/oligo/wilson2-buildsrc.html
>

> This machine has R-devel r49067... The other machines have r49060 and
> r49021.
>
> So, because the pkg builds just fine on other machines but wilson2, I
> thought that the source of the problem would be on changes between
> r49060 and r49067.
>
> Looking at the log of R-devel for all these revisions, I don't see any
> change that would cause the error "'dimnames' applied to non-array" to
> come up.
>
> I just installed the latest R-devel and I can't reproduce the problem.
> So, is it just a matter of waiting until R-devel is updated on the
> machines used to build the packages?
>
> Thanks a lot,

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology