[Bioc-devel] biocViews preprocessing term

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 3 12:42:10 CEST 2008

Thanks for carrying on this thread, Patrick,
looks like I got distracted.

Now I see how the vocabulary is maintained.
biocViews/inst/dot has a nice human-readable rendering
of the vocabulary in biocViewsVocab.dot

Each node reference in the dot is a topic, and any
node in that dot file can be used as a biocViews
field value in the package.

Florian, would you like to make the changes to
biocViews/inst/dot that reflect your desired vocabulary
modifications, rebuild the vocabulary using biocViews/updateVocab.sh,
and then commit the modified biocViews package (with a bump to the
version tag in DESCRIPTION)?  It would be nice to have some
mechanism of testing that the build system will survive such
a change (perhaps testing some validity conditions on the new
graph, such as 1 connected component, all nodes are syntactic
atoms, checking the correspondence between biocViews fields
present in the repository and the nodes in the graph).

I will do the changes mentioned in Florian's e-mail and commit
if people want to funnel this through me ...

---
Vince Carey, PhD
Assoc. Prof Med (Biostatistics)
Harvard Medical School
Channing Laboratory - ph 6175252265 fa 6177311541
181 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115 USA
stvjc at channing.harvard.edu