[Bioc-devel] Build error message false alarm: Please ignore last night's (2008-02-11) BioC 2.1 package build error e-mail messages

hpages at fhcrc.org hpages at fhcrc.org
Wed Feb 13 18:15:07 CET 2008

Quoting lgautier at altern.org:

> > Hi Laurent,
> >
> > Quoting lgautier at altern.org:
> >
> >> (...)
> >>
> >> Since we are about it, I could not find an entry about that automated
> >> mailing (frequency, features) on the bioconductor site ? (on the wiki
> >> presumably, since information for developpers is there). Did I miss it ?
> >
> > It was announced 3 months ago here on the list:
> >
> >   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2007-November/001426.html
>
> That was a clear and good announce. I remember about it.
>
> Sorry if I was not clear, the suggestion was more a thought that it would
> be nice to have a centralized place with documentation for newcomers,
> a kind of must-read bundle for new developers.
> Moreover, should there be updates or modifications in the automated
> mailing scheme such a page can be pointed as the always-up-to-date source
> of information to anyone with questions.

Understood Laurent. We will do that. I have some sort of standard email
that I send to every new package maintainer with details about the build
system, the "replace only on version bump" feature and so on. I'll put
it on the wiki with some additional notes about the automated build
failure notifications.

Cheers,
H.