[Bioc-devel] EBImage: Devel version on Windows not building

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Tue Aug 19 18:53:24 CEST 2008

Greg and Wolfgang,
The Windows build machines all have GTK+ and ImageMagick installed on
them so you can link to the appropriate dlls during the build process. I
just took a cursory look at the EBImage package, and it looks like the
change would be minor.

1) Remove the pre-built dll and all the configuration code that manages it.
2) Move the GTK_BASEPATH and IM_BASEPATH definitions out of the
Makevars.win file, make them Windows Environment Variables, and check to
ensure they are defined during the configuration process.

I just added these two environment variables to the windows build
machines so they are ready to go. If we run into other snags, we can
make additional tweaks.

Patrick