[Bioc-devel] EBImage: Devel version on Windows not building

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Aug 19 17:42:20 CEST 2008

Hi Patrick et al. in Seattle

maybe the main point of Greg's message got lost, so here it is again:
would it be possible to compile the C code in EBImage from source on the
Seattle build system?

This would seem to be preferable to the current solution, in which a
.dll file that was made by Oleg is used, which is checked into svn:
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/EBImage/inst/winlibs/EBImage.dll

r21716 | osklyar at ebi.ac.uk | 2006-12-30 23:02:15 +0000 (sab, 30 dic
2006) | 1 line

added precompiled windows dll to save work of Bioc maintainers in
installing and maintaining GTK+ and ImageMagick on Windows build
machines! I  will recompile the windows dll myself, the target dll is
only 38K large, so this is not a big problem. The method seems to be
consistent with R CMD check on Linux. The idea is: inst/winlibs contains
the precompiled dll, which is moved to inst/libs on build and then
copied into libs by the installer; if dll is found in winlibs then the
src directory is removed to prevent compilation mistakes, if not -- the
package is recompiled. R CMD check does not check winlibs and does not
warn (as it does if the dll is put into libs) so the only drawback is
adding a unnecess ary windll to all *nix installations.

Best wishes
 Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber

13/08/2008 14:00 Gregoire Pau scripsit