[Bioc-devel] Requirment for a Vignette

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 25 18:53:51 CEST 2007

Hi,
   No real disagreement here.  I can see where a vignette for something
that is purely infrastructure might not be the best solution. On the
other hand, if it were very short, and pointed to some packages that
actually use the infrastructure, suggesting that developers look at
those (yes you can find this from the web site, but sometimes it is
helpful to know which packages the developer thinks are using their code
properly) I would find that very helpful.

   I did want to note that Aedin's observation that things are getting
worse is not true (her numbers show only half as many without vignettes
in 2.1 as in 2.0), and I hope more developers can be coerced into
providing some form of documentation.

   User feedback, such as this, and also directly to package maintainers
is helpful, IMHO, as it shows that users do read the documentation and
find it helpful.

  best wishes
    Robert

Robert Gentleman, PhD