[Bioc-devel] Biobase 1.15.33 depends on ALL problem

Keith Satterley keith at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Sep 7 05:52:01 CEST 2007

To Martin & Seth in particular,

I need to clarify the message I wrote a three hours ago. Not all my problems
were solved. I had downloaded /bin/windows/base/R-2.6.0alpha-win32.exe from my
local mirror(unimelb.edu.au) and used biocLite.

I was a little premature. The library("affy") command worked fine now, no errors
like this:
"... but >= c(1, 12, 0) is required by ...".

However, when running affylmGUI and loading data from Affymetrix files, I
received the same error message that Lauro Samoy Van Dyck had, Namely:

Error in .nextMethod(e1, e2)...

The version of Biobase I had installed with biocLite into the latest
R-2.6.0alpha was 1.15.30. On compiling and installing version 1.15.33 of
Biobase, the nextMethod(e1, e2) error has been fixed. I'm now don't have any
problems running affylmGUI.

My sessionInfo is:
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.0 alpha (2007-09-05 r42787)
i386-pc-mingw32
locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_Australia.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_Australia.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_Australia.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_Australia.1252
attached base packages:
  [1] splines   tools     tcltk     stats     graphics  grDevices datasets
utils     methods
[10] base
other attached packages:
  [1] R2HTML_1.58            xtable_1.5-1           hgu95av2_1.17.0
hgu95av2probe_1.16.4
  [5] hgu95av2cdf_1.17.0     gcrma_2.9.1            matchprobes_1.9.10
affylmGUI_1.11.5
  [9] affy_1.15.7            preprocessCore_0.99.12 affyio_1.5.8
Biobase_1.15.33
[13] limma_2.11.11

cheers,

Keith