[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor tools for a website ...

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat Jan 6 00:52:19 CET 2007

David McKillen <david at mckillen.net> writes:

> Dont' mean to be a bother but I can't seem to find a good source for
> getting more information.  I am trying to determine whether or not I
> can access bioconductor applications/tools via the command line for
> the purpose of incorporating bioconductor into a website.

You can run R as a command line tool:

   R --slave < somescript.R

You can run in batch mode, which is a bit different: R CMD BATCH
somescript.R

There is a separate project called littler which behaves more like a
typical unix tool than R does on its own.

For building web GUIs you might want to look at:

   Rpad
   Rserve

For more robust webservices approach see this post:

   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2007-January/044176.html

There is also a project called carmaweb:

  http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/34/suppl_2/W498

+ seth