[Bioc-devel] importing packages without a name space

Laurent Gatto L.Gatto at dnavision.be
Fri Apr 13 18:07:07 CEST 2007

Dear list,

I have a problem with my NAMESPACE file. I need to import a package that
does not define a name space, and I always get the same error on
import(), specifying that the package I try to load 'does not have a
name space'.
Note that I also need to import a class from that package with
importClassFrom() which seems to work.

I tried different syntaxes like import(package),
importFrom(package,variable), included .onLoad hook (as specified in
R-ext) in the zzz.R file and also modified the Depends line in
DESCRIPTION, which did not help.

I am using the latest R 2.5.0 version.

Am I missing something or is it not possible to import a package without
name space?

Thank you very much in advance,

Laurent

--