[Bioc-devel] Build/check questions

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Sep 22 18:43:41 CEST 2006

"James MacDonald" <jmacdon at med.umich.edu> writes:
> Second, on all three Linux boxes (and on mine as well, but not on
> windows), there is a cryptic warning that I don't understand:
>
> * checking whether the name space can be loaded with stated
> dependencies ... WARNING
> Error in if (mustFind) stop(gettextf("no generic function found for
> \"%s\"",  :
> 	argument is not interpretable as logical
> In addition: Warning message:
> the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
> in: if (mustFind) stop(gettextf("no generic function found for \"%s\"",
>
> Execution halted

The error was a bug in R and is fixed in the latest beta.  The warning
message is still there and is coming from GOstats AFAICT.

More details follow, but for now, the upshot is that it isn't a
problem in your package.

I think it is related to the graph package calling require("Biobase")
in its .onAttach function.  But I'm having trouble reproducing it in
my debugging efforts.

Best,

+ seth