[Bioc-devel] Some build system news

Sun Dec 17 23:28:26 CET 2006

On Dec 15, 2006, at 4:28 AM, Herve Pages wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As you might have already seen, we've replaced our main build
> machine 'gopher5'
> by 'lamb1', a brand new server:
>
>   http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.0/
>
> It's a 64 bit system running Linux SUSE 10.1 for x86_64.
>
> "Main" build machine means that a devel package is made publicly
> available
> (by being pushed to http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.0/bioc/)
> only if it
> passes the CHECK on 'lamb1' with no error (it can have warnings
> though).

I assume you have thought this through. I just want to point out the
the lamb1 system is one specific architecture and there may be
(development) packages that have problems only for specific
architectures. This is of course mostly relevant for non-R code, and
I may be a bit biased since I have worked on two packages where the
platform differences really mattered.

Kasper