[Bioc-devel] annotation packages and biocViews

Ting-Yuan Liu (FHCRC) tliu at fhcrc.org
Wed Sep 28 23:47:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am going to add a slot called "biocViews" in the DESCRIPTION files of
our coming annotation packages.  Here are some questions:

(1) For Affymetrix packages such as hgu95av2, hgu133a, etc, the biocViews
slot will be "Annotation,Affymetrix"; for Agilent packages (such as
hgug4100a) the slot will be "Annotation,Agilent"; etc.  I don't have
problem on this.

(2) For those CDF packages (hgu95dcdf, say) and probe packages
(hgu95dprobe, for example), what should I put in the biocViews slot?  My
suggestion is
  (a) "CdfPackage,Affymetrix" for those Affymetrix CDF pacakges
  (b) "ProbePackage,Affymetrix" for those Affymetrix Probe packages

Any idea about this issue?

Thanks,
Ting-Yuan