[Bioc-devel] affy's cleancdfname

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Sep 28 00:56:14 CEST 2005

On 27 Sep 2005, sfalcon at fhcrc.org wrote:

>> Since none of the getFromXXX functions are actually called by the
>> end user, I think they all have to use cleancdfname() to keep
>> things consistent. This is the only way an end user has a fighting
>> chance of getting the name of their env right.
>
> This is an easy change.  I would like to be able to call
> cdfFromLibPath from cdfFromBioC, this means repeated calls to
> cleancdfname need to do nothing.  Do you see any problem with not
> appending "cdf" if the string already ends in "cdf"?
>
> To summarize, the proposed change:
>
> 1. Add call to cleancdfname() to all cdfFrom* funcs
> 2. Make cleancdfname idempotent so that repeated calls return the
>    same

Update:

In r14273 I updated cleancdfname to have the behavior stated above.
The code in getFromBioC now calls the getFromLibPath function.

I did *not* add a call to cleancdfname to getFromEnv or getFromData.
The cdf environment used as an example doesn't have a name ending in
cdf and I don't have time now to clean that up.

affy users, please give a try at the latest code (from svn) and see if
code relted to getCdfInfo() is working as expected. It seems to for
me.

+ seth