[Bioc-devel] affy's cleancdfname

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Sep 27 19:44:25 CEST 2005

Seth Falcon wrote:
> This is an easy change.  I would like to be able to call
> cdfFromLibPath from cdfFromBioC, this means repeated calls to
> cleancdfname need to do nothing.  Do you see any problem with not
> appending "cdf" if the string already ends in "cdf"?
>
> To summarize, the proposed change:
>
> 1. Add call to cleancdfname() to all cdfFrom* funcs
> 2. Make cleancdfname idempotent so that repeated calls return the same
>    thing.  If it is already clean, don't make it dirty ;-)

I think this should work.

The only other improvement I can think of would be some sort of check
for make.cdf.env to ensure that the name of the env being built
corresponds to the cleancdfname (maybe wrap make.cdf.env in another
function that assigns the cleancdfname to the ouput of make.cdf.env). Of
course that is a different subject entirely, and given that I only
remember one end user who had a problem with an incorrectly named env,
maybe too trivial to expend the energy.

Best,

Jim

--