[Rd] RTools 4.2 - possible conflict with git bash

sergio@vig@@ii m@iii@g oii u@ibe@ch sergio@vig@@ii m@iii@g oii u@ibe@ch
Fri Dec 23 15:45:17 CET 2022

Hi all,

It seems that RTools 4.2 conflicts with git bash on Windows 10.
When I use the git bash terminal in RStudio and I run `make --version`, I get the following error:

$ C:/rtools42/usr/bin/make.exe --version
      1 [main] make (5948) C:\rtools42\usr\bin\make.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x210351408/0x180350408.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.

However, if I use the **Build All** tool of RStudio, the command works properly.
The problem seems an incompatible version of msys-2.0.dll, but I could not solve the problem. Any idea?

Below the version of git:

$ git --version
git version 2.39.0.windows.2