[Statlist] PhD positions in Network Science at UZH

Alexandre Bovet @bovet @end|ng |rom proton@me
Wed Jun 1 11:48:06 CEST 2022

Dear all,

Could you please help me circulate the following announcement:

I am recruiting two fully funded PhD to join my network science research group at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Zurich.

Research directions include the mathematical modeling of dynamical processes occurring in networks and the development of novel methods to investigate temporal networks. In particular, we develop methods to extract a simplified view of the structure and dynamics of complex systems.

A focus is also put on investigating the impact of digitalisation on society through the [Digital Society Initiative](https://www.dsi.uzh.ch/en.html). In particular, we are interested in computational social science approaches to understand how information and disinformation spread in social systems and to measure their impact. We are also interested in developing network science methods to model and analyse the polarisation and the opinion of users in online social media.

Earliest start of employment is1st of July2022. Evaluations will continue until the positions are filled.

More information and applications: https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/phd-student-in-network-science/d36563c0-80f1-410a-92a0-4d76692fe15c

Thank you and best wishes,

Alexandre Bovet