[Statlist] Research Seminar in Statistics *FRIDAY 22 FEBRUARY 2019* GSEM, University of Geneva

gsem-support-instituts g@em-@upport-|n@t|tut@ @end|ng |rom un|ge@ch
Mon Feb 18 10:50:56 CET 2019

Dear All,

We are pleased to invite you to our next Research Seminar.

Looking forward to seeing you

Organizers :
E. Cantoni - S. Engelke - D. La Vecchia - E. Ronchetti
S. Sperlich - F. Trojani - M.-P. Victoria-Feser

FRIDAY 22 FEBRUARY 2019 at 11:15am, Uni-Mail M 5220

Bayesian networks based on max-linear structural equations
Claudia KLÜPPELBERG - Technical University of Munich, Germany

ABSTRACT:
We study Bayesian networks based on max-linear structural equations as introduced in [1] and provide a summary of their independence properties. In particular we emphasize that distributions for such networks are in general not faithful to the independence model determined by their associated directed acyclic graph (DAG). We also introduce a new concept, similar to d-separation, for characterizing conditional independence by the DAG. In addition, we consider some of the basic issues of estimation and discuss generalized maximum likelihood estimation of the coefficients. Finally we argue that the structure of a minimal network asymptotically can be identified completely from observational data.

Visit the website: https://www.unige.ch/gsem/en/research/seminars/rcs/