[Statlist] RESEARCH SEMINAR IN STATISTICS - UNIVERSITY OF GENEVA

Eva Cantoni Ev@@C@nton| @end|ng |rom un|ge@ch
Mon Mar 3 12:51:02 CET 2014

RESEARCH SEMINAR IN STATISTICS - UNIVERSITY OF GENEVA

Organisers : .
E. Cantoni - E. Ronchetti - S. Sperlich - M-P. Victoria-Feser

Friday March 7th, 2014
at 11h15
Room M 5220, Uni Mail (40, bd du Pont-d'Arve)

Armelle GUILLOU
Université de Strasbourg

" Asymptotically unbiased and robust estimation of tail indices"

Abstract:
Extreme value theory in the univariate framework has been exten- sively
studied in the literature, particularly in the Fr�échet domain of
attraction. In this talk, we focus on this framework and we propose an
asymptotically unbiased and robust estimator of the tail index. The
asymptotic properties of our estimator have been established and its
finite sample behaviour illustrated on a small simulation study. An
extension to the bivariate framework is also proposed. This talk is
based on two papers, the first one in collaboration with Goedele Dierckx
and Yuri Goegebeur and the second one with Christophe Dutang and Yuri
Goegebeur.

http://www.stat-center.unige.ch/ResSem.html

--
Prof. Eva Cantoni