[Statlist] Next talk: Friday, March 01, 2013 with Sébastien Loustau (Université d'Angers, France)

Cecilia Rey rey @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Tue Feb 26 08:55:28 CET 2013

ETH and University of Zurich

Organisers:
Proff. P. Bühlmann - L. Held - H.R. Kuensch - M. Maathuis - S. van de Geer - M. Wolf

We are glad to announce the following talk

Friday, March 01, 2013 -  15.15h  ETH Zurich HG G 19.1
with Sébastien Loustau (Université d'Angers, France)

Title:
Inverse Statistical Learning

Abstract:
We propose to consider the problem of statistical learning when we observe a contaminated sample. More precisely, we state fast rates of convergence in classification with errors in variables for deconvolution empirical risk minimizers. These rates depends on the ill-posedness, the margin and the complexity of the problem. The cornerstone of the proof is a bias variance decomposition of the excess risk.
After a theoretical study of the problem, we turn out into more practical considerations by presenting a new algorithm for noisy finite dimensional clustering called noisy K-means.