[Statlist] Next talks: Friday, May 3, 2013 with Niels Richard Hansen, University of Copenhagen

Cecilia Rey rey @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Mon Apr 29 09:25:04 CEST 2013

E-mail from the  Statlist using stat.ch  mailing list
ETH and University of Zurich

Organisers:
Proff. P. Bühlmann - L. Held - H.R. Kuensch - M. Maathuis - S. van de Geer - M. Wolf

We are glad to announce the following talk

Friday, May 3, 2013 -  15.15h  ETH Zurich HG G 19.1

with Niels Richard Hansen, University of Copenhagen

Title:
Non-parametric estimation of linear filters for point processes

Abstract:
A main challenge in neuron science is to model the dynamic activity of the brain and how it responds to external stimuli. We present models of neuron network activity based on multichannel spike data. The models form a class of point orocess models with spike rates determined through linear filters of the spike histories. The filters are given in terms of filter functions that are estimated non-parametrically as elements in e.g. a reproducing kernel Hilbert space. We discuss how the models can be used to infer network connectivity and predictions of stimuli (intervention) effects. The methods used are available via the R package ppstat.