[Statlist] Workshop on Bayesian Inference for Latent Gaussian Models with Applications

Andrea Riebler @ndre@@r|eb|er @end|ng |rom ||@pm@uzh@ch
Thu Aug 19 12:19:57 CEST 2010

Workshop on Bayesian Inference for Latent Gaussian Models with Applications

University of Zurich

Organisers: Reinhard Furrer and Leonhard Held

February 2-5, 2011

Latent Gaussian models have numerous applications, for example in spatial
and spatio-temporal epidemiology and climate modelling. This workshop brings
together researchers who develop and apply Bayesian inference in this
broad model class. One methodological focus is on model computation, using
either classical MCMC techniques or more recent deterministic approaches
such as integrated nested Laplace approximations (INLA). A second theme of
the workshop is model uncertainty, ranging from model criticism to model
selection and model averaging.

Abstract submission is open until November 1st, 2010.

For more information, please visit: http://www.math.uzh.ch/bilgm11

We are looking forward to meeting you in Zurich. We also welcome you to
pass this announcement on.