[Statlist] Talk on Statistics on Thursday, December 18, 2009

Cecilia Rey rey @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Mon Dec 15 09:28:38 CET 2008

We are glad to announce the following talk

*Thursday, December 18, 2008*, 15.15 - 17.00
in LEO C6, Leonhardstrasse 27, 8092 Zurich

*"On missing data and genotyping errors in association studies"
with Ingo, Ruczinski, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore //
*
Many algorithms to improve genotype estimates using raw data from
high-throughput platforms have been proposed in the recent literature.
Missing genotypes typically arise when the respective algorithms
indicate that the confidence in certain genotype estimates is low. Thus,
missing genotype data and genotyping errors are linked: for any
particular genotype calling algorithm, higher (lower) genotype calling
rates come with an increase (decrease) in false genotype calls, using
different confidence thresholds for genotype calling. In this
presentation, we discuss approaches for dealing with missing data and
genotype uncertainties in association studies, and also show that
accounting for genotype uncertainty can be crucial when inferring
possible copy number variants.

The abstract can also be found under the following link:
http://stat.ethz.ch/talks/research_seminar

Listeners are welcome!

--
ETH Zürich
Cecilia Rey-Lutz	          rey using stat.math.ethz.ch