[Statlist] Séminaires de Statistique - Institut de Statistique, Université de Neuchâtel

KONDYLIS Atanassios @t@n@@@|o@@kondy||@ @end|ng |rom un|ne@ch
Fri Nov 3 14:27:11 CET 2006

Séminaires de Statistique
Institut de Statistique, Université de Neuchâtel
Pierre à Mazel 7 (1er étage,salle 110), Neuchâtel,
http://www2.unine.ch/statistics

Mardi 07 novembre 2006 à 11h00
Leonhard Held, University of Zurich, Switzerland

Title:  Quantitative assessment of probabilistic forecasts with applications in epidemiology

Abstract : In this talk I will describe methods for model choice and model criticism
based on probabilistic forecasts of external data. Special emphasis will be given to
multivariate predictions and predictions of count data. The methodology will be
illustrated through a case study from chronic disease epidemiology.

Mardi 28 novembre  2006 à 11h00
Eva Cantoni, University of Geneve, Switzerland

Title: Variable Selection in marginal Longitudinal Models

Abstract: Variable selection is an important step in any statistical analysis. If this issue is well adressed
in the linear regression setting for example, it was not the case until recently for marginal longitudinal models.
I will present a generalized version of Mallows's Cp to be used for variables selection in the setting of marginal
longitudinal models. The definition of this criterion is very general so that it can also address robustness, heteroscedasticity,
and missing values. I will go on to present a Monte Carlo Markov Chain technique that allows to handle situations where
the number of covariates is very large and where therefore a criterion that has to be computed for each model cannot be
considered.