economagicImport - NAs error

Yohan Chalabi chalabi at phys.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 28 20:15:49 CET 2009

   MM> Dear Maintainers,
   MM>
   MM> Using the most recent Windows binary (270.74) I get a large
   MM> number of
   MM> NAs when importing data from economagic.
   MM>
   MM>
   MM> The following code ...
   MM>
   MM> oil.prices <- economagicSeries(var/west-texas-crude-long,
   MM> frequency =
   MM> monthly, from = 1980-01-01, to = Sys.timeDate())
   MM> plot(oil.prices, main=WTI Spot Prices)
   MM>
   MM>
   MM> Results in the following message....
   MM>
   MM> Warning message:
   MM> In economagicImport(query, file, source, frequency, from, to,
   MM> nDaysBack, :
   MM> NAs introduced by coercion
   MM>
   MM>
   MM> This only started to happen in the last month, so I suspect
   MM> economagic
   MM> changed how their website expresses data.
   MM>
   MM> Does the current linux source (290.75) have this issue?
   MM>
   MM> If it doesn't, when do you estimate you'll be able to update
   MM> the Windows
   MM> binary?
   MM>
   MM>
   MM> Mike Morgan

As you said, economagic changed how their website expresses data.

This was fixed in the dev revision version 3773. You can get it from
our subversion repository at R-forge
[http://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/rmetrics/]

But we finally decided to remove the economagic* functions from
'fImport' because economagic requires login account to get access to
their data and we do not want to go against their policy.

HTH
Yohan

--
PhD student