economagicImport - NAs error

Michael Morgan mmorgan at gljpc.com
Wed Jan 28 19:22:28 CET 2009

Dear Maintainers,

Using the most recent Windows binary (270.74) I get a large number of
NAs when importing data from economagic.

The following code ...

oil.prices <- economagicSeries("var/west-texas-crude-long", frequency =
"monthly", from = "1980-01-01",  to = Sys.timeDate())
plot(oil.prices, main="WTI Spot Prices")

Results in the following message....

Warning message:
In economagicImport(query, file, source, frequency, from, to, nDaysBack,  :
  NAs introduced by coercion

This only started to happen in the last month, so I suspect economagic
changed how their website expresses data.

Does the current linux source (290.75) have this issue?

If it doesn't, when do you estimate you'll be able to update the Windows
binary?

Mike Morgan

Michael Morgan

GLJ Petroleum Consultants
4100, 400 Third Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, Canada  T2P 4H2
Tel: (403) 266-9437 Fax: (403) 262-1855

This message is intended only for the recipient(s) to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies.