fMultivar and fBasics

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Apr 17 20:43:32 CEST 2009

On 17 April 2009 at 19:56, Yohan Chalabi wrote:

|    DC> I've downloaded fMultivar and fBasics, but cannot get fBasics
|    DC> to load:
|    DC>
|    DC> > install.packages(fBasics, dependencies=TRUE)
|    DC> trying URL
|    DC>
| 'http://www.revolution-computing.com/cran/bin/windows/contrib/2.8/fBasics_29
| DC> 0.76.zip' DC> Content type 'application/zip' length 1330440 bytes (1.3 Mb)
|    DC> opened URL
|    DC> downloaded 1.3 Mb
|    DC>
|    DC> package 'fBasics' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
|    DC>
|    DC> The downloaded packages are in
|    DC> C:\Documents and Settings\David Carlson\Local
|    DC> Settings\Temp\RtmpFdYOxE\downloaded_packages
|    DC> updating HTML package descriptions
|    DC> > library(fMultivar)
|    DC> Loading required package: fBasics
|    DC> Error in importIntoEnv(impenv, impnames, ns, impvars) :
|    DC> objects ''colnames', 'as.matrix', 'plot', 'as.data.frame',
|    DC> 'apply',
|    DC> 'rank', 'rownames'' are not exported by 'namespace:timeSeries'
|    DC> Error: package 'fBasics' could not be loaded
|
| Hi David
|
| It is important to update the other Rmetrics packages when you
| install a new version of one of the packages.
|
| The recommended way to do so is to use the R script available at
| http://www.rmetrics.org .
|

| In an R console try
|
| source("http://www.rmetrics.org/Rmetrics.R")
| install.Rmetrics()

I am not convinced that working outside of the existing R package management
system buys you something.  DESCRIPTION file have been supporting Depends
with >= and <= operators since R 2.7.0.  It would be nice if these were used
here.

FWIW I an once again trying to upgrade an avalanche of Rmetrics packages in
Debian, rather than working through a phased upgraded. The fBasics Depends:
on timeSeries that tripped up David is not made explicit and is stopping me
too. I consider that to be a bug in Rmetrics.

Regards, Dirk