fMultivar and fBasics

Yohan Chalabi chalabi at phys.ethz.ch
Fri Apr 17 19:56:45 CEST 2009

'http://www.revolution-computing.com/cran/bin/windows/contrib/2.8/fBasics_29
DC> 0.76.zip' DC> Content type 'application/zip' length 1330440 bytes (1.3 Mb)
   DC> opened URL
   DC> downloaded 1.3 Mb
   DC>
   DC> package 'fBasics' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
   DC>
   DC> The downloaded packages are in
   DC> C:\Documents and Settings\David Carlson\Local
   DC> Settings\Temp\RtmpFdYOxE\downloaded_packages
   DC> updating HTML package descriptions
   DC> > library(fMultivar)
   DC> Error in importIntoEnv(impenv, impnames, ns, impvars) :
   DC> objects ''colnames', 'as.matrix', 'plot', 'as.data.frame',
   DC> 'apply',
   DC> 'rank', 'rownames'' are not exported by 'namespace:timeSeries'
   DC> Error: package 'fBasics' could not be loaded

Hi David

It is important to update the other Rmetrics packages when you
install a new version of one of the packages.

The recommended way to do so is to use the R script available at
http://www.rmetrics.org .

In an R console try

source("http://www.rmetrics.org/Rmetrics.R")
install.Rmetrics()