New release, and old problem yet again

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Oct 26 00:30:30 CEST 2008

Hi Yohan,

On 25 October 2008 at 22:09, Yohan Chalabi wrote:
| timeDate and timeSeries are not split off fBasics. They replace the
| packages fCalendar and fSeries. Their respective classes had many

Ah, ok.

But -- how was that communicated? Am I not on the relevant mailing list?
How do users know which Rmetrics components are being deprecated?

| internal changes that we decided to rename them and keep the old
| packages on CRAN for backward compatibility purpose.
|
| Actually we are trying to reduce the number of packages. For example
| fUtilities will be considered obsolete because its functions have been
| moved to timeDate, timeSeries and fBasics.

Cool.

Announcements somewhere (rmetrics-core, r-packages, r-sig-finance, ... ?)

I will then retire these from Debian unstable; the old ones will of course
remain.

| I am sorry that we did not get in contact with you before.

No problem but please do going forward.

Cheers,

Dirk
at Google for Summer of Code mentors summit