New release, and old problem yet again

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Oct 25 21:27:43 CEST 2008

Gents,

Why were timeDate and timeSeries split off fBasics?

Had we not agreed to stop with this proliferation of packages?  Lastly, every
time this happen, someone promises to give me a heads-up so that I can insert
pre-releases package into Debian's NEW queue so that we would have a chance
of having them in at actual release.

Now we again have the indeterminate wait for them and the rest of Rmetrics is
upheld as everything depends on timeDate and timeSeries.

Dirk