Bug timeSeries 270.76.1 - [ ] Message is from an unknown sender

Daniele Amberti daniele.amberti at ors.it
Wed Nov 5 16:52:12 CET 2008

Yes, below You can find some code that make problem clear:

library(timeSeries)
MyTZ <- Sys.getenv("TZ")

Sys.setenv(TZ = "")
Sys.getenv("TZ")
# The problem is in timeSequence in a call to "strptime(charvec, isoFormat)" without the timezone.
# look for  [2008-03-30 02:00:00]
tseq <- timeSequence( from = '2008-03-29', to = '2008-03-31', by = "hour", zone = "GMT")
timeSeries(1:length(tseq), as.character(tseq),)

Sys.setenv(TZ = "GMT")
Sys.getenv("TZ")
# The problem is in timeSequence in a call to "strptime(charvec, isoFormat)" without the timezone.
# look for  [2008-03-30 02:00:00]
tseq <- timeSequence( from = '2008-03-29', to = '2008-03-31', by = "hour", zone = "GMT")
timeSeries(1:length(tseq), as.character(tseq),)

Sys.setenv(TZ = MyTZ)