Package fCalendar_260.72.tar.gz did not pass R CMD check

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Feb 6 15:18:34 CET 2008

    DE> 'lots of packages twice a year and silence in-between'.

    MM> And -- BTW  I really think we should slowly discontinue the idea
    MM> that Rmetrics is released half-yearly together with new versions
    MM> of R.
    MM> Rmetrics packages should be dealt with as other R packages are.

    YC> I think we all share the same idea. The plan is to make frequent
    YC> updates when all Rmetrics packages will be moved to R-forge.

why is this linkt to the packages being on R-forge?

They still must be checked, built, checked and uploaded to CRAN,
no?

    YC> This should happen in the following weeks.

If all goes well.  Otherwise, note that it may be non-trivial or
impossible if we'd like

  - each Rmetrics package is daily checked and built
    but still "Rmetrics" should be only one (big fat :-)
    R-forge project.

  - keeping the current svn history

and that may lead to another few weeks ...

I'd vote to release the package with known bug report "now".
Martin