fCalendar 262.73 install error

Cyril Vaclav vacko at mail.kotelna.sk
Tue Apr 29 11:07:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

I tried to install fCalendar version 262.73 on gentoo 2.6.18  and  R 2.6.2
It did not worked very well. You can see the error below. I know that similar
problem named as "[R] Can not install fCalendar package under R 2.6.2" was already posted on 22 Mar
2008.

In that case the solution was to switch to windows OS. It is definitely not my
case.

Can anyone give me guide how to debug the problem. I tried to run the
function .currentYear and it did work. The command Sys.setenv exist and works.
I could not determine where from comes the connection
sys.source -> eval -> eval -> .currentYear -> Sys.setenv
given in the error messege.

thx

Cyril Vaclav

> install.packages('fCalendar')
trying URL
'http://cran.at.r-project.org/src/contrib/fCalendar_262.73.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 232489 bytes (227 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 227 Kb

* Installing *source* package 'fCalendar' ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading

 RUnit 0.4.17 loaded.
Error in .Internal(putenv(x)) : no internal function "putenv"
Calls: <Anonymous> ...  sys.source -> eval -> eval -> .currentYear ->
Sys.setenv
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'fCalendar'
** Removing '/usr/lib/R/library/fCalendar'

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/RtmpbSzeUj/downloaded_packages
Updating HTML index of packages in '.Library'
Warning message:
In install.packages("fCalendar") :
  installation of package 'fCalendar' had non-zero exit status