[R-SIG-Win] Some suggested changes to Windows makefiles with respect to experimental toolchain

Avraham Adler avraham.adler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 20:13:59 CEST 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Jeroen Ooms <jeroenooms at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Avraham Adler <avraham.adler at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What should the next step be? Should I just post the text of the
>> result of diff here? Should I e-mail someone a patchfile, the six
>> revised files, or both? Is this something to list at
>> <https://bugs.r-project.org/bugzilla3/>?
>
> We should hold off optimization tweaks until we have a stable build.
> Kevin and me are still trying to debug the rcpp longjmp problem which
> is more complex than we thought. Adding optimization in the mix at
> this point might further complicate things.
>
> Perhaps we can make a branch in the svn (or github mirror) to store
> these features so that they don't get lost, and we can easily test and
> merge them later on?

Whatever Duncan, you, Kevin, and the rest of the team working on this feel.

For what it is worth, I think the changes are minor and they can slide
directly into the 4.6.3 toolchain, but I defer to Duncan and the R
team as to what they feel is best for the project. The diff file for
what I have working now is at
<http://www.avrahamadler.com/R-LTO-BLAS.patch> if you want to review
it for complexity.

Thank you,