[R-wiki] R as a programming language

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Mon Jan 30 11:12:32 CET 2006

Roger,

Thank you for pointing us this reference. I especially appreciate how an
algorithm work is depicted. Look, for instance, at
http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-11.html, 1.2.1
Linear Recursion and Iteration, Fig 1.3. It is a very simple figure, but
  it explains very clearly how the recursive function "factorial" works.

I think it should be of a great use to explain to beginners simple
things the same way. For instance, to explain recycling rule, or how
apply() and the like work (but these are just examples).
Best,

Philippe Grosjean