[R-wiki] Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced... new attempt

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Sat Jan 28 16:00:47 CET 2006

Hello,

Following the previous discussion about the icons with three users (some
people did not like them and found them not very clear nor informative
enough), I make a second trial.

This time, there are still three skill levels ("novice", "user" and
"expert"), but no possible mixture (like "novice" + "user", excluding
"expert", for instance).

I also considered Tont Plate's suggestion of an explicit text, but I
integrate this text in the icon (I also took Ben Bolker's suggestion to
use road signs ;-).

I designed three series of icons:
1) With text for top of page,
2) Big icon without text, for sections on the page and
3) small icons without text, to rate with discrete icons lists or table
of content entries.

The Wiki site is modified to use these icons, so, you can make your own
idea more easily. Look for instance at:
- http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/wiki/doku.php?id=start for the explanation,

- http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/wiki/doku.php?id=rtips:data:import for
the use in a page and,

- http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/wiki/doku.php?id=beginners:introduction
for usage in a table of content.

Once again, I am waiting for your valuable comments!
Best,

Philippe Grosjean