[R-wiki] require login to modify the wiki?

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Sat Jan 28 09:57:56 CET 2006

Tony Plate wrote:
> At the moment, it seems anyone can modify the wiki without logging in.
> These changes get logged (in "recent changes") as coming from a
> numerical IP address, which is not very informative.  When people make
> changes while logged in, the changes are logged with their username.
> This seems more useful.  Should the wiki be set up to only allow
> logged-in users to edit it?
>
> -- Tony Plate

Yes, definitely! And also with restriction to given groups for certains
pages (the start page, the Wiki section, explaining how to use it,
except the playground, the documentation section, except for the
discussion at the bottom of each page...). For the moment, I have
inactivated all restrictions, so that everybody can edit pages, even if
not logged in, but that's only for the prptotype!
Best,

Philippe Grosjean