[R-wiki] adding content and front page

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 1 18:44:50 CET 2006

Hi there,

Can I add content to the wiki today? My criteria are simple: if I come
across a post on r-help that I think is worth preserving, I'd like to add it
to the wiki. For example, I want to get this into the wiki:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.general/54018 If I can add it
now, from where should I link to it? Or should I hold off until other
wikis/other content are imported in?

Second, what are we going to do about the front page? The bulk of the text
that's there now is appropriate for a "how to use/edit this wiki" tutorial
page. The front page is probably better used for a high-level table of
contents, or, perhaps, a featured "tip of the day" that refers to a more
in-depth article in the wiki (like how Wikipedia has a featured article on
their front page).